Cisco Secure Email is a sophisticated email filtering system that can protect your organization and prevent your inbox from filling up with unwanted spam emails that may contain scams, viruses, or other harmful material. Secure Email is not just software but rather a cloud-based system that operates autonomously. Cisco Secure Email continually receives updates on new email threats and outbreaks.
Here are the numbers:
- Over 3.4 billion email scams or phishing emails are sent every day. This adds up to one trillion email scams per year (Security Magazine).
- Data breaches exposed 1.4 billion records in the first half of 2019 (RiskBased).
- 62% of businesses experienced phishing and social engineering attacks in 2018 (Cybint Solutions).
- 52% of breaches featured hacking, 28% involved malware and 32-33% included phishing or social engineering, respectively (Verizon).
Secure Email Stops:
- Junk mail
- Email scams
- Unsolicited offers
- Adult material
- Spyware – Programs that collect information about users without their knowledge
- Malware – Software designed to cause harm to your computer
- Browser Hijackers – Software that removes your control over web browser functions
- Phishing – Viral programs designed to capture sensitive personal information and send it to another party
According to the Symantec Intelligence Report: February 2012, 68.9 percent of all mail sent in the US was spam. Why spend any amount of time each day sorting through spam and potential threats when Secure Email can prevent it from ever arriving in your in box?
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics approximately 8.6 million households had cases of identity theft or credit card fraud from 2005-2010.
The Symantec Intelligence Report: February 2012 had the following findings:
- Virus Rate US – one in every 436.5 emails.
- Phishing Levels US – one in every 753.5 emails
Repairing a computer infected with a virus is expensive and the cost of being a victim of identity theft is immeasurable. Preventing harmful emails from ever reaching your inbox is what Cisco Secure Email does best.